Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Three-month evaluation

It's been a rather rough month. My son has been teething and/or sick and/or going through a growth spurt and just plain sleeping horribly. So I haven't been able to attend to my goals as much as I'd like. The result? Our Christmas pictures aren't my favorite. We all looked pretty ragged, and my son is much too young to start worrying about being photogenic! And my husband received more photography equipment so I should expect to be documented further.

I've mentioned how my body is part of this project, although initially I imagined it would be more about accepting my body or presenting it better. Of course, I did read in a magazine that if you stick your head out toward the camera you're less likely to appear to have a double chin. This information has been a blessing. However, it doesn't help the fact that my post-pregnancy body needs more exercise. The little bit of calisthenics I do with my son in the mornings isn't enough. And we're taking a swim class together at the end of January. Um ... swimsuit season wasn't supposed to come so soon! I live in Wisconsin!

Also, I have gained exactly 2 lbs. during the holidays. What's the big deal? Who cares about two pounds? Except that somehow those 2 pounds look like 20 in photographs. So I'm working out a little more to give my body some shape. This is tricky since it means I have to work out with the Velcro baby in tow. The Velcro baby who doesn't sleep. How motivating. But it's all part of the project, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment